June 22, 2018
In This Issue:
1. Desert Storm Memorial Site Picked
2. DHA Executive Council Meeting
3. Senate Defense Authorization Bill Would Increase TRICARE Fees
4. Hearing on VA Staffing Shortages
5. Hearing on Military Health System Reform
6. VA Releases Report on Veteran Suicides
7. DHA PTSD Care Webinar
8. VFW Convention to Host Women Veterans Information Fair
9. MIA Update
To view this week’s edition, click here: http://www.vfw.org/actioncorpsweekly.
President Trump has signed the VA Mission Act into law.
Join AMVETS & VAfor a Facebook Live Stream
Getting Medical Records Online: Facebook Conversation w/ AMVETS
We’ve got a #FacebookLive chat with VHA regarding how #Veterans can gain access to their VA health record information and features like Secure Messaging, online appointment scheduling, refilling VA prescriptions and more.
T-Mobile has an offer exclusively for AMVETS members! Click the phone number on the ad below and get 50% off 2 – 6 lines when you switch!
Heal American Veterans Town Hall
Lets talk healing.
Our HEAL program is hosting a ‘Heal American Veterans’ Town Hall meeting to give service members, veterans, & family members a chance to sound off on issues related to access to appropriate healthcare options. Congress and the public need to hear from you.
AMVETS is calling for action from the Department of Defense, Department of Veterans Affairs, & Congress.
There may be side effects linked to an anti-malaria drug taken be service members.
survey ahead of AMVETS’ town Hall in July!
AVP – Amanda Burrill
Today’s AVP topics include:
– Robert Wilkie’s Confirmation Hearing
– Signing of the VA Mission Act
– Anti-malaria drug that could be showing side effects in veterans
– Interview w/ veteran/advocate/mountaineer Amanda Burill
– Post 33 hosts 10th annual event for children w/ special needs
– Upcoming AMVETS events (Facebook live w/ VHA/Heal American Veterans town hall)
AMVETS’ Chief Strategy Officer Sherman Gillums discusses the VA on AMVETS Radio
AMVETS Nat’l Exec. Dir. Joe Chenelly tells us it may be as little as two weeks before proposed TRICARE changes make it out of committee.
[Video/Repost from ConnectingVets’ EricDehm]