Background: In July, the House of Representatives unanimously passed H.R. 299, the Blue Water Navy Vietnam Veterans Act of 2018, to end the injustice of denying Vietnam, Korean DMZ, and Thailand veterans who suffer from life-threatening health conditions the care and benefits they deserve.
This important bill continues to be stalled in the Senate. The VFW needs your help to make sure this bill is passed before the end of the year. If the Senate fails to do so, the bill will die and may never be considered again.
Take Action: Contact your Senators to demand that the Senate passes H.R. 299. The Senate must not delay passage of this important bill while Blue Water Navy veterans sicken and die from diseases related to exposure to Agent Orange.
Please show your support on social media:
On Facebook (copy and paste the text below):
I stand with the Veterans of Foreign Wars and call on @vachair and the full Senate to pass H.R. 299! Rather than continue studying the health of Blue Water Navy veterans for yet another decade while those veterans sicken and die from diseases related to exposure to herbicides, the Senate must grant long-overdue benefits to the thousands of veterans who served their country off the shores of Vietnam. http://capwiz.com/vfw/issues/alert/?alertid=80552661
Or Call (202) 224-3121 and ask to be transferred to your Senators.
November 16, 2018
In This Issue:
1. National Academies Link Hypertension, MGUS to Agent Orange Exposure
2. VA Rates 70 Percent of its Nursing Homes as Failures
3. GI Bill Oversight Hearing Held
4. Hearing on VA’s Oversight of Contract Disability Examinations
5. Blue Water Navy Bill Continues to be Stalled in the Senate
6. First Female Completes Special Forces Assessment and Selection Course
7. DHA MSO/VSO Working Group
8. VA Secretary Vows to Improve Military Transition Efforts
9. TRICARE Prime and Select Open Season
10. TRDP and FEDVIP Update
11. MIA Update
To view this week’s edition, click here: http://www.vfw.org/actioncorpsweekly.